Saturday, December 5, 2009

Oh, she's a Taurus then......aargh!!!

This happens too often in a 21st century western country. Someone asks when my daughter was born, and the response is "oh, a little Taurus!".

Fer. Cryin. Out. Loud.

We've mapped the heavens, we know the planets and stars are not gods and that constellations are ephemeral, yet most people not only know their own sign, but everyone else's too! When I answer I don't know (I know it now, but saying no is my polite way of saying it's all bunk) I sometimes get an incredulous "you don't know her sign?!" as if it were akin to not knowing her name. I now tell people who ask that I'm an Ophiuchus, just to prove a point. Most people with opinions on astrology seem to have never heard of it. In truth, depending on who you talk to, I'm either a sagittarius or a capricorn. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment